Dinner in Athens food tour (small group)
Dinner in Athens food tour is a real treat for your evening. A unique way to enjoy your dinner on a food tour. Stroll around the uncrowded streets of the city. Experience the beauty of Athens during its most captivating time of day. Taste your way through a multitude of local foodie spots. A lovely evening walk under the shadow of the Acropolis.
Discover the most picturesque neighbourhood of Plaka, enjoy a breathtaking view of Athens. Dinner food tour ends on the oldest distillery of Athens for Greek wine and liqueur.
Dinner in Athens food tour includes:
- An insider, expert and passionate guide.
- Visit 7 food spots. A taste of the best authentic shops at places locals cherish
- More than 15 food tastings. Food, wine and dessert (equivalent to a full dinner)
- Explore Athens cultural sites and historic neighbourhoods (Anafiotika, Monastiraki, Psyrri, Plaka, 11th-century church)
- Experience “Athens Oldest bar”, distillery operates for more than 100 years
- The chance to taste recipes passed down through generations
- The riveting story on when and how recipes were born and passed on to our own days.
- Learn about the city’s history, architecture and landmarks
- Support exclusively family-run businesses
Food Highlights of Dinner in Athens food tour
- Greek traditional pies with creative fillings, spinach pie with feta cheese, bougatsa sweet custard pie sprinkled with icing sugar
- Koulouri, sesame sweet bread from the oldest bakery in Athens since 1920’s
- Loukoumades, just fried heavenly airy doughnuts drizzled with honey and cinnamon
- Famous Greek souvlaki, garnished with juicy tomatoes, onions, parsley and paprika, wrapped in a lightly grilled pita, street food since 1940’s
- Greek Indigenous variety of wines (red or white), greek spirits and liqueur
- Selection of famous PDO greek cheese, cured meat and salami, bread rusks, olives
- Greek yoghurt with wild honey from the remote mountains of Greece
Meeting point | Dinner in Athens food tour
Finally, the meeting point is at Monastiraki metro station (exit Monastiraki square) at the ticket hall, next to the ticket machines. Tour ends at Akropolis metro station, (next to the new Acropolis museum)